May 12, 2008

Man Jailed After Daughter Fails To Get GED

WTF?

Butler County Juvenile Court Judge David Niehaus ordered Gegner to jail for contributing to the delinquency of a minor by not following a court order which required Gegner to be sure his daughter got her GED.

Um, because one person can "make sure" that another person gets an education. Yeah, that's reality.

"I'm about to be 19 and my Dad's being punished for something I did when I was 16," she said.

...

Court administrators say that even though Brittany is an adult now, the case remains active in their court because she was a juvenile when the problems started.

They say this type of punishment is rare and reserved for extreme cases when court orders aren't met.


Read more and remember, you can "make" someone become educated. Wow, I learn something every day.

No comments: